Dear Parent and patient:
To begin, I would like to thank you for entrusting me with the health and wellbeing of your child. It is with bittersweet regret that I will be closing my pediatric primary care practice effective as of June 30, 2023. I will, however, continue to see pediatric patients for specialized consultation.
Please know that I have not come to this decision lightly and appreciate that this news may come as a surprise and will be distressing for many. I will certainly continue to follow-up on any outstanding tests that have been ordered. I will respond to ongoing prescription renewal request and address as clinically appropriate. I will also complete any 18 months immunization and follow up visits.
If searching for a new primary care provider for your child, these two resources may help:
- Register with Health Care Connect and have a nurse find a doctor or a nurse practitioner for you.
- Use the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s “Find a Doctor” search:
- Choose “Advanced Search” to find a doctor near you (by city/town or postal code)
- Click on “Additional Search Options” to narrow your search
- Contact the doctor to check if they are accepting new patients
Note that your child’s medical records will remain in the custody of ByWard FHT for a period of not less than 10 years (after the child has reached the age of 18yrs). To send a copy of your child’s medical records to another provider, ByWard FHT requires your written authorization. An administrative fee for this uninsured service will apply. A consent to release personal health information can be found on the ByWard FHT website.
Thank you for the opportunity to be a partner in your child’s medical care and I extend my best wishes to you.
Dr. Radmila Jovanovic